Tuesday 2 September 2014

Morning routine for blemished skin!


It's always important to start with a good face wash! 4-5 days a week I use the St. Ives apricot scrub. It is just amazing! It has helped fade my acne scars and brighten up my skin. I massage the product for 2/3 minutes and wash it off with warm water. On the other days I use Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser or Angels on Bare Skin by Lush if I've had make up on the previous day. I've been recently sporting no make up so I just wash my face with warm water and thereafter cold water. Using cold water will close all your pores. 

I then use Tea tree toner from Lush. I haven't used any other toner. Tea tree is the best thing to use with blemished skin. It has healing properties and isn't harsh like some other toners I've read about it. It's all natural and as tea tree is a healing agent it's just unlikely you'd break out.

If I have a few blemishes I use tea tree oil from the body shop and massage it in. This will help treat any blemishes heal faster. The only issue is the size of the bottle, I need to find a bigger bottle! Using the tea tree oil and tea tree toner have helped clear up blemishes and scarring massively! 

Another treatment I sometimes use is the La roche posay effaclar duo anti blemish cream. I have a love hate relationship with this, so it only comes out at certain times. When I first got this product from boots it was amazing. I had a family wedding and it helped reduce the obvious blemishes a lot, however after a while it just stopped working. I decided to put it back in my makeup storage but it came in use again for those stubborn spots! I just don't know it's one of those items that can either work or not. I'd say to give it a try as it could just save you when you really need it! I only use this cream when I've ran out of the tea tree oil or on the stubborn pimples that won't go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment